from Ruben Coen-Calgi
– language: keywords mean different things in different fields; an important keyword in one field means nothing in another field
– methods: applying methods from one discipline to a question that is typical of the other discipline; when is this sensible and how to avoid the criticism that you are using ‘unorthodox’ methods?
– conceptual: any good examples of interdisciplinary projects that significantly advanced *both* disciplines?
– knowledge/skills: to what extent collaboration is enough, vs the individual researcher becoming an expert in both fields?
– funding: usually harder for interdisciplinary projects?